Accreditations and Memberships
Braemar Technical Services - Environmental Policy
Braemar provide a range of technical consultancy services, predominantly to the marine insurance industry. The scope of business includes the UK, Europe and Countries Worldwide. Particular areas of expertise include; Survey Services including but not restricted to hull and machinery damage surveys, surveys of damage to cargo, third party damage surveys, advice on salvage, investigations into casualties, technical support with salvage, general average surveys, litigation support, protection & indemnity surveys, laying up & re-activation surveys, offshore energy, warranty (pre-risk) surveys for ships and shipyards; Technical Consultancy Services including but not restricted to: wave forecasting & voyage planning, stability, structural and hydrodynamic assessments for design and in-service support, project management of ship recovery programmes including heavy lift and tows.
We are committed to environmental excellence and in provision of the foregoing services, and inasmuch as it is practicable to do so, have determined that we will provide our customers with services, and conduct our business in, an environmentally sensitive and responsible manner.
We believe that a sound environmental policy contributes to our competitive strength and benefits our customers and employees.
We aim to:
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and any other requirements to which we subscribe which relate to our environmental aspects.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of our environmental management system.
- Consider environmental factors when making planning, purchasing and operating decisions.
- Provide environmental training and education to enable our employees to be environmentally responsible at work and at home.
- Prevent pollution before it is produced.
- Reduce the amount of waste wherever practicable.
- Use energy efficiently.
- Manage our use of natural resources in an environmentally sensitive manner.
- Work cooperatively with others in pursuit of common environmental objectives.
- Communicate and reinforce this policy throughout the organisation, to our staff, subcontractors, suppliers and those working for and on behalf of the company.
- Ensure the policy is available to the public via the company website.
- Set and progress specific Objectives to manage the continual improvement process.
- Review the policy not less than annually and following any significant changes to the business.
Managing Director Nigel Clark – September 2015
Braemar Technical Services - Occupational Health & Safety Policy
Braemar accepts its statutory responsibilities and duty of care towards ensuring health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors engaged by ourselves and of all others who may be affected by our business activities.
The company shall provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, in particular ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, that;
- The system in place is appropriate to the nature and scale of the company’s occupational health and safety risks.
- The company is committed to prevention of injury and ill health and to continual improvement in occupational health and safety management and performance. Commitment shall be demonstrated by adherence to defined processes, pursuance of continual improvement via Objectives and other defined initiatives as and where appropriate.
- The company is committed to ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements, any requirements specific to clients and any other identified requirements relating to occupational health and safety hazards within the scope of our operations.
- Objectives are defined and used alongside other business metrics to measure and report health and safety performance and to encourage continual improvement in health and safety. Objectives shall be set and achievement against the said Objectives monitored as a minimum at Management Review and Health and Safety Review Meetings.
- A Company health and safety management system shall be documented, implemented and maintained, defining internal processes for health and safety Management.
- All employees and contractors receive adequate information, training and supervision in how to carry out their work with regard for their own health and safety and that of all others, and feedback and consultation is encouraged.
- The Policy shall be made readily available by appropriate means, to relevant, interested parties.
- The occupational health and safety management system and Policy shall be regularly reviewed to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to the company. As a minimum this shall be during Management Review Meetings.
- Risks arising from its work activities are assessed, and ensure that effective control measures are both provided and implemented.
- All employees and consultants are medically fit to undertake their assigned role and this fitness will be regularly monitored.
- Premises, other workplaces and equipment are kept in a clean, serviced and safe condition.
The Company’s Directors shall be accountable for delivery of this Health & Safety Policy and maintaining the Company Health & Safety Management System.
The company will provide necessary support and resources to enable both employees and contractors to achieve these Policy objectives and where necessary seek external competent person advice and guidance.
The Company will carry out a regular review of this Policy and Health & Safety Management System to ensure that the highest standards of health and safety are maintained. This Policy and Health & Safety Management System will also be reviewed if there is a significant change in the business or operational processes. Changes will be made known to all employees and appropriate contractors.
Managing Director Nigel Clark – September 2015
Braemar Technical Services Limited – Quality Policy Statement
Braemar Technical Services Limited is committed to a quality policy that will ensure that it’s professional services and products fully meet the requirements of its clients at all times.
These services and products are executed and delivered to such a standard as to ensure that the company reaches and maintains preferred status in its industry sector. To achieve this target, the monitoring and recording of client satisfaction and complaints is paramount. To achieve this, Braemar Technical Services Limited utilises a Quality and Safety Management System structured to meet the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001.
This Quality Assurance Manual, together with the associated Quality Procedures and Work Instructions, describes the Quality Management System (QMS) that will apply to all our technical work. Through feedback, innovation and monitoring of its quality achievements, the Company will seek to achieve continual improvement in its QMS.
All staff must be aware of Client requirements – general and specific, jobrelated needs and expectations, as well as any statutory and regulatory requirements – to ensure that those requirements are met and thus facilitate enhancement of Client satisfaction.
The company is totally committed to the full and effective working of the QMS and everyone within Braemar Technical Services Limited is responsible for ensuring that they understand, apply and maintain the requirements of the system in all their work.
This policy is wholly consistent with Braemar Group policy, which requires that all subsidiary companies operate an effective QMS, in order to provide a service that will satisfy the Client and enhance the reputation of the company.