At Braemar (Incorporating The Salvage Association) we employ over 100 professionally qualified, full-time employees who collectively offer a diverse range of technical skills and expertise. Our team of highly experienced technical personnel includes: Master Mariners, Marine Engineers, Marine Electrical / Electronics Engineers, Marine Civil Engineers, Naval Architects and Global Support Services Specialists.
Our team of experienced marine engineers come from various seagoing backgrounds, most have sailed as chief engineers with shore experience including; superintendency, shipyard management, engine manufacturers and classification societies. Our marine engineers have a broad range of vessel experience including; tankers, container ships, bulk carriers, reefer ships, LNG and LPG carriers, passenger ferries and cruise ships, salvage tugs as well as offshore supply and support vessels.
Our team of master mariners have a broad range of nautical experience having served in command on a variety of vessels including; tankers, container ships, bulk carriers, reefer ships, LNG and LPG carriers, passenger ferries and cruise ships as well as offshore supply and support vessels.
Our team of naval architects have specialist knowledge and experience in the design, construction and conversion of vessels and oil rigs. They have expertise in concept design, hydrodynamics, motion analysis, model testing and intact and damage stability. They also provide services including; calculation of sea fastening and finite element analysis. This covers a broad range of vessels both commercial and private.
Marine Electrical Engineers
Our marine electrical engineers provide support for a variety of clients on shore based, marine and offshore assets. We can provide services, support and investigation in the following areas;
- Switchboards (Low, Medium and High Voltage)
- Cables and intrinsic safety
- Group starter boards
- Bespoke control systems and Automation systems
- Programmable controllers and computers networks
- Power generation (Low, Medium and High Voltage)
- Diesel electric propulsion systems
- Rotating machinery investigations and reports
- DP support, gap analysis and FMEA work
- Process and cargo control instrumentation (including LNG, LPG and Petrochemical control systems)
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems and control
- Software development
- Telephone exchanges and Public address systems
- Radio, Radars and Integrated Navigational systems
- Satellite communication and tracking systems
- Voyage data recorder and electronic data recovery specialists emergency recovery
- Fuel and electrical efficiency investigations and reporting
- Infra-red survey of switchboards and control panels using state of the art thermographic equipment
- Condition monitoring & vibration analysis
- Surveys, assessments superintendence and dry dock preparations
Marine Civil Engineers
Our team of civil engineers act on behalf of P&I clubs, lawyers, insurers and terminal owners. We investigate Fixed and Floating Object damage of all structure types and provide expert opinion services on issues relating to unsafe berths, jetty layout, fendering, moorings and structural adequacy. We also provide consultancy for new port developments including site selection, risk analysis, mooring analysis, vessel throughput studies and berth occupancy studies.
Global Support Services Specialists (GSS Team)
We employ a dedicated team of global support specialists (GSS) and experienced case handlers. The GSS function plays a key part in ensuring the instruction and survey process is managed effectively and efficiently as well as being the first point of call for new instructions.
Special Casualty Representatives (SCR's)
Our SCR’s are appointed to assist in salvage, wreck removal and grounding incidents.
Superyacht Specialists (Braemar Yacht Services)
Braemar Yacht Services have a team of experts who offer a broad range of specialist technical consultancy services and marine surveys tailored to the needs of the super yacht market. Services include; damage surveys, casualty investigations, expert services (expert witness and expert opinion), pre-purchase services (including pre-purchase surveys and seller surveys) and new construction and refit project management. We also offer unique advisory services with the purpose to reduce superyacht ownership without compromising with quality.
We have an international presence with a team of exclusive superyacht consultants in all the locations important for superyachts operations and new-construction. Braemar Yacht Services multidisciplinary team includes Naval Architects, Marine Engineers, Master Mariners and Project Managers.